Dodge County Wisconsin Court Records
Are Court Records Public in Dodge County, Wisconsin?
Yes, court records are public in Dodge County, Wisconsin. According to the public record act, court records are considered public documents that should be accessible to the general public. This means that anyone can request and view court records in Dodge County, Wisconsin, unless they are sealed or restricted by a court order.
The public record act is based on the principle of transparency and accountability in the judicial system. By allowing public access to court records, it promotes trust and ensures that the legal proceedings are open to scrutiny. It also allows individuals to exercise their right to access information and participate in the democratic process.
How to Find Court Records in Dodge County, Wisconsin in 2023
To obtain court records in Dodge County, Wisconsin, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Dodge County government at https://www.co.dodge.wi.gov/.
- Navigate to the appropriate department that handles court records. In Dodge County, the Clerk of Courts is responsible for maintaining court records.
- On the Clerk of Courts webpage, look for a section related to accessing court records. This section may provide information on how to request court records, whether it's through an online portal, in-person visit, or by mail.
- Follow the instructions provided to request the specific court records you are interested in. You may need to provide certain details such as case numbers, names of parties involved, or specific dates.
- If court records are available online, the website may provide a search function or database where you can directly access and retrieve the records. Follow the instructions provided to conduct your search.
It's important to note that some court records may not be available online due to privacy concerns or technological limitations. In such cases, you may need to visit the physical location of the Clerk of Courts office in Dodge County to request and obtain the records in person.
Courts in Dodge County, Wisconsin
If you are looking for information about the courthouses in Dodge County, Wisconsin, here are some key locations:
- Dodge County Circuit Court: 210 W Center St, Juneau, WI 53039, Phone: (920) 386-3587
- Dodge County Clerk of Courts: 210 W Center St, Juneau, WI 53039, Phone: (920) 386-3570
These are the main courthouses located in Dodge County, Wisconsin. They serve as the primary locations for various court proceedings, including civil, criminal, and family cases. If you need to contact the court or visit in person, the provided phone numbers and addresses will assist you in reaching the appropriate offices.
Lookup Court Records in Dodge County, Wisconsin
If you are interested in accessing specific court records in Dodge County, Wisconsin, you can use the following links:
- Child Support Forms
- Sheriff Warrants
- Jury Information
- Notary Public
- Register in Probate
- Small Claims Information
By clicking on these links, you will be directed to the respective webpages where you can find more information about court records related to child support, sheriff warrants, jury information, notary public, register in probate, and small claims. Please note that some of these links may require you to navigate further within the websites to access the specific court records you are seeking.